BA Fine Art, Sculpture
MA Animation (Royal College of Art)
• ‘Two Films About Loneliness’ Co-Director/Producer/Writer/Animator, 2014
with TheNameIsNotImportant. Supported by the British Council.
Screenings: Oberhausen Internationale Kurzfilmtage • Hamburg Internationale
Kurzfilmtage • Edinburgh International Film Festival • Encounters Short Film
Festival • Warsaw Film Festival.
ARTE, international television transmission, 2014
• ‘Kid Carpet- Such Fun’, Director/Animator 2007
• “The Adventures of John and John” Graduate Film, RCA, 2006.
Writer, Director, Animator.
• Solo Show: Bath Spa University Gallery, 2011
• ‘Displacement Activities’ THENAMEISNOTIMPORTANT. Residency and Exhibition,
Stables Gallery, Riverside, Twickenham. 2009
• ‘Big Small People Project’ Curator, Pheonix Theatre, Animated Exeter, 2007
• Going Wrong.
Solo Show: Sculpture, Drawings and Prints.
Cardiff, March-April 2003
• Spike Island Open Studios
Sculpture and Print and Animation
Annual Open Studios event, with over 100 artists exhibiting,
attracting over 5000 people.
Bristol, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004.
Artist Trustee 2003-4
Installation and Video,
Amaste Gallery, Bilbao, 1996
* 3rd Prize, McLaren Award, Edinburgh Festival.
* Best Student Film at Animé Caribe 2006, Trinidad and Tobago,
* Jury Prize at the E-Magicians Festival, Paris,
* Film grant from the Fondation Jean-Luc Lagardère.
* Audience Prize, International Screening 3, L.I.A.F, 2007
Artist residencies, community projects
Selections from a large number of workshops for children and young adults.
• ‘Making Changes’ Animation Workshops and Film for Amber Foundation, a
residential charity offering a fresh start to homeless young adults. Widening
Participation, UCA Farnham, June/July 2012
• ‘STAR young carers’ ‘Skillway’ and Teachers Introduction to Stop Motion
workshops, UCA Farnham, 2012
• ‘Dad Days’, A series of three animation workshops as part of a project for fathers
and children under 5 years, fostering creative play and interaction. Mortlake,
• ‘Octogon Club’ An annual series of animation workshops as part of an ongoing
project for young people with a range of profound learning difficulties, Orleans
House Gallery, 2008-2012
• Animation Summer School, Director/Workshop Leader, Farnham Maltings,
• Portugal Prints- Leading outreach for three major RA exhibitions with ‘Mind’, the
mental health charity, Westminster Council and Royal Academy of Art, Access
Dept. 2010- 2011
• InPerson- Life Drawing for people with access needs.
Audio Description and workshop
Core Trust (Drug Rehabilitation) guided visit and workshop
All for 2011 Summer Exhibition, Royal Academy of Art, Access Dept. 2011
• A series of Animation Workshops for 11-16yrs at the Victoria & Albert Museum,
• Workshop Leader, Film and Video Workshop, Introduction to Animation
Workshops and Flash animation Workshops, in partnership with 5 local schools
• Workshop Leader, Introduction to Stop-Motion, Anime Caribe, Trinidad and
• Artist-In-Residence, Sculpture workshops, Hounslow Pupil Referral Unit. 2002
• Artist-In-Residence, Clarendon Special Needs School and Orleans House Gallery,
Richmond. Project Awarded National Children’s Art Day Award, Tate Modern.
• ‘Wrongboy’s History of Earth’, Will Bishop-Stephens, Walker Books Ltd, ISBN
• ‘The Modern Conversation Grammar/108 Sofas’ Will Bishop-Stephens and Colin
Clutterbuck Self-Published, Bristol, 2001
• ‘Wrongboy’s Book of Modern Mammals’, Will Bishop-Stephens, Self-Published,
Bristol & London, 1999